Theme Sellers: 15 Things You Must Include on Your Website
Our Theme Pricing article was recently featured as a resource in a Smashing Magazine article by Steven Gliebe, founder of ThemeSorter.com. In his article, “Detailed Comparison of Premium WordPress Theme Clubs“, Steven explains…
15 Things Users Want To See Included On Theme Seller Sites
In an effort to follow up, Steven encouraged me to simplify his advice into a list of 15 items, making it easier for theme sellers to realize what changes need to be made…and hopefully implement them as well. Listen up theme sellers, here are the 15 things you must include on your website:
- A pricing page
- A link to the pricing page in the main navigation
- Define types of support provided (forum, tickets, etc)
- Simplify Your Pricing Optons (Steven saw one the other day with 5 barely different pricing options – frustrating)
- Licensing details (GPL, Split GPL, etc.)
- PSD’s or layered PNG’s available – even if as an upsell
- If a monthly subscription, define what membership includes
- Custom Widgets, Page Templates & Shortcode details further explained
- Lifetime updates for your theme?
- Support provided after membership ends? (some do – see table on SmashingMagazine)
- Live demos a MUST (a few use screenshots) – all color schemes in demo recommended
- Instructions & Detailed Documentation a MUST
- 1+ new theme monthly if a club (and no false promises, gotta keep claims up-to-date)
- Can footer branding be removed?
- Can the theme purchased be used on multiple websites?